There has been a massive increase in the number of people playing old games from the past. These old games are getting a modern spin like the very popular bestkendama, but we are only scratching the surface. Modern games provide a considerable amount of stimulation but the challenge with them is even if you are playing head to head online you are still alone. Human beings are social creatures that crave real human interaction and if we are deprived from it then we will become depressed. Modern gaming has only been around for a few decades but humans have been entertaining themselves for thousands of years so we cannot discount the benefit of playing old school games.
Games from the Past
Some of these games may be familiar to you and others may not but you should give each of them a shot.
· Spin the Bottle: Before the internet and online dating this was the game to play if you wanted to interact with the other gender. A group of boys and girls would sit in a circle taking turns spinning a bottle. When the bottle was spun wherever the neck of the bottle stops to point is the person you would have to kiss. Naturally if you were a guy and the bottle landed on a guy you’d spin again.
· Cops and Robbers: This classic game requires cap guns or if not available imaginary guns. You would decide whether you were a cop or a robber. The robber’s goal was to sneak around and get the “drop” on the cop before the cop caught them. Think of it as a first-person shooter similar to “Call of Duty” but without the need for an Internet connection. This game can be played anywhere so you don’t have to worry about having a suitable venue.
· Lawn Darts: This game was discontinued from the market because hurling sharp, heavy projectiles into the air was considered fun but dangerous for those who got impaled. If you are lucky enough to find a set of lawn darts you can have fun with them, just stay behind the pointy part and everything will be fine.
· Scrabble: While this board game is still popular, in the past is was the game to have! People needed to have a great vocabulary and keen intuition to play this game. Prior to the proliferation of Google people had to acquire and retain knowledge to come up with killer word combos in Scrabble.
· Monopoly: Is a popular board game from the turn of the 20th century. It thought people the concept of real estate investing while bringing out the competitive nature in people. This game is still being played by millions of people.
As you can see the old school games from the past like the bestkendama inspired toys are giving people a new source of entertainment. If you are looking for a fun way to spend an afternoon you should put down your smartphone and try one of these old school games.